Delays and Closings
Please consult our brochure with information about Delay and Closing Procedures, or review the information on this page. You may also sign up for email and text alerts to be sent directly to your devices by following the instructions below.
How to sign up for email and text alerts
Individuals and families can now sign up to have weather-related delays and closings information sent directly to them via e-mail and text message.
For instructions on how to sign up for alerts, read Sign Up for MCBDDS Alerts and Information.
To sign up, please visit http://www.mcbdds.org/list.aspx.
How to find delay and closure information via local media outlets
Delay and closing announcements will also be shared with local television stations and their radio affiliates. The links below will take you to the websites of the TV stations:
Please note: Delay and closing announcements will be made for each shift separately.
First Shift Programs:
- Kuntz: 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Liberty: 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Calumet: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Jergens: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Kuntz: 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
PLAN A: All Facilities Open; No Buses
- Adult programs are operating but NO board transportation and food service provided.
- Bus drivers and bus aides should not report to work.
- Clerical, maintenance, mechanics, courier, dispatchers, administrative staff, PACE staff and Adult Services staff are expected to report to work as close to regularly scheduled times as road conditions permit.
PLAN B: All Facilities Closed
- All Board programs and facilities closed.
- No Board staff or consumers are to report.
Types of Delays:
- One hour delay - Routes will operate 1 hour later than regular pick up times.
Programs will dismiss at regular time.
- Two hour delay - Routes will operate 2 hours later than regular pick up times.
Programs will dismiss at regular time
- Bus drivers and bus aides will report to work one/two hours later than regular sign-in time; all other staff will be expected to report to work as close to regular sign in time as road conditions permit.
- Transportation notifies facility managers/designee.
- Building staff will follow procedures for parent/provider notification prior to consumer dismissal.
- The Superintendent will make a separate determination for staff dismissal.