Career Exploration Boot Camp: Ages 14-18
The Montgomery County Board of Developmental Disabilities Services offers employment-focused Career Exploration Boot Camps each summer to help students with developmental disabilities learn about careers, gain job and travel skills, and build work experience that will help them prepare for employment after graduation.
Career Exploration Boot Camp is one week in length for participants. During this session, students:
- Complete interest inventories
- Learn more about careers from guest speakers and through visits to businesses
- Learn social and self-advocacy skills that facilitate communication in the workplace
- Tour Sinclair Community College
- Receive training in how to use RTA buses for transportation
- Gain volunteer work experience
Students from local high schools who are residents of Montgomery County and are eligible for Board services or are seeking eligibility can register for these camps. Space is limited, and registration occurs on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to Register
Registration for Summer Boot Camp is required, and occurs in the spring of each year.
Opens a New Window.
Questions? Please contact Andrea Harker at (937) 329-4723 or via email Opens a New Window. .
Other Camp Opportunities