Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
Training objectives include:
• Identify and know how to respond to various levels of crisis behaviors.
• Recognize how to manage your own consistent, calm behavior to influence a positive outcome in a crisis.
• Learn strategies to strengthen nonverbal communication.
• Develop limit-setting strategies when verbally intervening to de-escalate defensive behaviors.
• Learn safety intervention strategies to maximize safety and minimize harm.
• Learn to assess risk.
• Explore a framework to help guide staff and the individuals in distress through a process of re-establishing the relationship.
CPI-certified trainers will provide training. Staff will be certified in using trained interventions for one year.
*This training is only open to staff that provides services in Montgomery County.