Local Leaders Collaboration
The Local Leaders Collaboration is an inter-agency effort designed to help new high school graduates with developmental disabilities overcome barriers to employment. The group is comprised of various representatives from the following organizations (including, but not limited to):
- The Montgomery, Greene and Warren County Boards of Developmental Disabilities Services
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
- Ohio Means Jobs
- Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley
- Ohio Department of Education (State Support Team 10)
In addressing the barriers, the group focuses on:
- Increasing family involvement
- Promoting inter-agency collaboration
- Improving preparation for youth and adults
- Expanding employer engagement
- Developing person-centered plans
- Enhancing provider competencies and skills
These groups created a series of initiatives to help prepare students for the transition to adulthood, including:
- School-to-Adult Life Transition (S.A.L.T.) Series: The Local Leaders group has organized the School-to-Adult Life Transition (S.A.L.T.) Series to provide informational presentations to help individuals and families navigate the transition from school to adult life. For information about these sessions, visit our S.A.L.T. Series page.
- Summer Boot Camps are offered to students from local high schools and are between the ages of 14-22 during the summer. Camp weeks are assigned for career exploration and for work experience. For more information, please contact Andrea Harker at (937) 457-2851.
- Independent Living Skills Seminars are offered to students from local high schools who are Montgomery County residents between the ages of 14-22. Questions? Please contact Andrea Harker at (937) 457-2851.