SALT (School-to-Adult Life Transition) Series
The Employment First Local Leaders Collaboration, an inter-agency effort designed to help high school graduates with developmental disabilities overcome barriers to employment, has organized the School-to-Adult Life Transition (S.A.L.T.) Series to help individuals and families navigate the transition from school to adult life.
S.A.L.T. is a free monthly series that offers guidance, resources and information to students ages 14-22 with developmental disabilities and their families. Sessions are geared to helping students AND parents/guardians help the individual make a successful transition from high school to the world of work. Separate sessions are held for students (SALT-TEENS) on the 3rd Tuesday of the month and another for parents/guardians on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays and 2nd Wednesday of each month. Topics include:
- Transition: Where Do I Start? Creating a Roadmap
- Saving Money
- Understanding Waivers
- Understanding Providers
- Housing Options
- Understanding Social Security Benefits and Work Incentives
- Independent Living Skills
- Next Steps: Where to Go from Here
For the most updated information and forms, you can go to the S.A.L.T. and S.A.L.T. TEENS Series Live Resource Binder Opens a New Window. .
How do I join the SALT TALKS virtual meetings?
Meetings are open to all but limited to 100 participants. So if you are planning to attend, make sure you are pre-registered. Do not wait until the day of the meeting or last minute.
Here are the instructions:
- Click on the link to Pre-register: https://bit.ly/SaltTalksSeries2022
- When you click on the above link, you will be prompted to register for the meeting. Pick the date(s) you want to attend.
- Upon registering, you will receive additional instructions and details, along with a link to attend the actual meeting.
- You may need to load the Zoom Meeting app to your device to attend.
- When entering the Zoom meeting, attendees will be muted to avoid distracting background noise during the presentation.
- These sessions may be recorded, for your privacy please turn off your video upon entering. NOTE: The Social Security Session will NOT be recorded due to Social Security rules.
- Information, presentations, handouts or flyers provided during the session will be uploaded to the SALT Google Drive: https://bit.ly/SALT TALKS GOOGLE and SALT Series Serving Southwest Ohio Livebinder under "SALT TALKS" and/or the associated Topic TAB. SALT Livebinder link: http://www.livebinders.com/play/play?id=2330130 .
- How to ask questions during the session: The presenters will give directions regarding any questions during the meeting, usually, questions can be asked via a chat box or sent via email following the meeting. Since the session is recorded, personal questions or inquiries should be asked via email and directed to the presenters. They will provide their contact information during the session.